March 17, 2016

Soul of Flame (book 4 of Imdalind) by Rebecca Ethington


The Time for the final battle has come.

Edmund's armies have surrounded the Rioseco Abbey, trapping the few survivors inside. The sight that Ilyan was given a thousand years ago is about to come to pass.

If only Joclyn was able to fight.

Joclyn is tormented by the hallucinations that Cail’s mind has left her with, her magic an uncontrollable torrent that even Ilyan cannot control. Her moments of lucidity are broken by fears of dripping pipes and bleeding walls, and a desire to kill Ryland that she is having trouble trying to ignore.

The sight has shown her power, shown her success, but it has also shown her death – The end of her life something she is not quite willing to give up on yet.

Even past her death, the sight has shown her love, and that love may be the only key to her sanity, to her strength, and to Edmund's death.

That love may stand in her way, and a single choice may tip the scales and secure their future, or destroy their fate.
+++
Just finished the fourth book a little bit ago and I'm not sure what exactly to say. I love this series. I feel like I reiterate myself every two seconds when I'm writing about the books in this series but it's so great. There's never a dull moment in this series.



This book definitely keeps you on your toes especially because, as we've seen in the previous books, these visions that the Drak's get don't change. They've said it from the beginning that once a vision has passed that is going to happen and there's no way out of it. So I'm sitting here like HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS GOING TO END. I mean we get visions of how it's suppose to end but it's an ending no one wants let alone is excited for so ??

Joclyn gets better in this book but I wish she was more of a strong badass warrior. Which is unreasonable especially how in the first book when she thought she was just a human and she would hide in her hoodies and was basically too scared to make friends. We get glimpses of her badassery here and there and I love it. I love badass Joclyn!

I feel like the author really tries to make everyones emotions seem realistic in their situation. She doesn't try to be unreasonable especially after what everyone in this book has been through. I really like that because then you're not sitting there thinking that how they act is unrealistic. 

I've obviously read too my adult books and forgot how innocent YA books can be. Joclyn and Ilyan have only kissed. That's it. Not even a little touch anywhere lower than their waist. I remember one instance in this book Wyn asked Joclyn how well of a kisser Ilyan was and to give her details and I'm just sitting there like ??? Details on a kiss? I would've asked for juicer info about the couple. Especially when Wyn is hundreds of years old, she's obviously not innocent so for her to ask about juicy details about a kiss, I'm just like "I'm done!" And the way Joclyn would blush and get so embarrassed about a kiss whenever it was brought up or they were caught kissing I'm like "girl calm down you chillin". Also, since Ilyan is about a thousand years old you'd think he'd want to get a little more freaky with Joclyn the night before the battle but nope they are both so innocent. 

I'm not sure what else to say about this book, it starts off right where it ended in the last book and is entertaining and intriguing throughout the book. I'm excited/sad that the next book in the series is supposedly the end. 


Are any of you so used to new adult and other genres other than YA and are not used to such a PG couple? Gotta keep reminding myself it's YA.

“And if you stumble? I will be here to pick you up, to help you bring beauty back to the world.”
***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...