March 30, 2016

Fallen Crest High (book 1 of Fallen Crest High) by Tijan


Mason and Logan Kade are two brothers who did their own thing. They were rich and expected to attend her school, Fallen Crest Academy. They chose public school and now Samantha has to live with them. The problem is that she doesn't care at all: about them, about her friends, about her cheating boyfriend, or even about her parent's divorce. But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe change is a good thing.
+++

I'm going to try my hardest not to rant to hard but I'm so frustrated with this book. I asked myself so many times "why why why why why" about a million times. Im just going to list off the things that annoyed me (: (beware spoilers)



1. What mother would just tell her daughter basically "Sorry but you can't see your father anymore, I packed all my stuff already, pack yours we are leaving." And she was hysterical in the beginning of the book like she was the one wronged when she was the one that caused all of this shit. The mom was the one that cheated and was being a bitch about the entire situation. There were multiple times I wouldn't have minded smacking some sense into this woman.

2. The fact that these kids in high school are so cliquey just makes me want to roll my eyes into oblivion. Like ?? Real life isn't like that. Sure there might be a popular group but people won't make fools of themselves trying to be friends with them and become best friends with the people they hate in order to feel like they are in the in crowd. Most of the people in this book were so absorbed with trying to be in the "Elite" group, they just looked ridiculous and it's so unbelievable because trust me high school is not like that not even the private school ones.

3. The Kades acted like they were 10 years older than they were and were so disrespectful. I understand that if you are disrespected you should most definetly stand up for yourself but these brothers would be straight up assholes to not only people their own age but to adults as well. I feel like the author wanted them to stand out and look cool against the high school students that were so easily conformable but come on. Making them disrespectful assholes does not make them cool.

4. I understood Sam's whole thing was to not care about anything but she was such a coward. She would never stand up for her friends, especially Becky, who after everyone left her decided to be her friend. People would be outright mean to Becky in front of Sam and Sam would just sit there giving off her "I don't care about anything" vibe. OH BUT WAIT she got into a fist fight when she was drunk standing up for a girl she didn't even know? Eye roll. eye roll. eye roll.

5. I don't really understand the hatred towards Adam. Maybe I fell asleep a little while reading because I don't really get why everyone hated him. Mason and Logan didn't like him because they knew Adam had feelings for Sam, which to be honest I don't know why he did. Adam stood up to the Kade brothers for being assholes which should've been a good thing??

6. I can't stand Sam. I especially hated her when Mason went off on her dad in the parking lot. He was a straight up jackass and was rude and Sam had said how she saw her dad look so hurt yet she turned her back on him and got into the car with Mason. Like girl that's the man that raised you and has loved you and you are letting you new boo thang disrespect him so much and not once say anything. She would hide behind Mason while Logan and him would bully either her mom or her dad. Sam needed more of a backbone and Mason and Logan needed to calm their asses.

7. What the hell happened at the end of this book. I'm genuinely confused. It legit just ended with no problem solved at all and with one of the "Elite's" walking out of Logan's room in the hotel with his tshirt on, obviously she had just stayed the night and bumped uglies with Logan but it was just so random. Like she walked out of the room went by his side and that was that. That's how it ended. Like ?? I went through all of that to end up here. Nowhere. 

I could honestly go on and on picking out different things from this book that I disliked but I need some sleep because for some reason I stayed up all night reading this book hoping that the ending would make up for the rest of the book and was sorely disappointed. I read so many good reviews so I was super excited but I was really let down on this one. Hopefully if you've read this book or are planning on reading it you like it so much more than me. I always say that I hope someone has a better experience with books even if I hate the book because everyone has different viewpoints and opinions so I hope you enjoy this book even if I didn't!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...