March 24, 2016

The Year We Hid Away (book 2 of the Ivy Years) by Sarina Bowen


She’s hiding something big. He’s hiding someone small.

Scarlet Crowley’s life was torn apart the day father was arrested for unspeakable crimes. Now the shock has worn off, but not the horror.

It’s a safe bet that Scarlet is the only first year at Harkness College who had to sneak past TV news trucks parked on her front lawn just to leave town. But college will be Scarlet’s fresh start. Clutching a shiny new student ID — with a newly minted name on it — she leaves it all behind. Even if it means lying to the boy she’s falling for.

Bridger McCaulley is a varsity hockey star known for being a player both on and off the ice. But a sobering family crisis takes that all away. Protecting his sister means a precarious living arrangement and constant deception. The only bright spot in his week is the few stolen hours he spends with Scarlet.

The two form a tentative relationship based on the understanding that some things must always be held back. But when grim developments threaten them both, going it alone just won’t work anymore. And if they can’t learn to trust one another now, the families who let them down will take everything they’ve struggled to keep.
 


I really liked this book! I felt like I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I couldn't ease the tension in my shoulders from thinking about everything that was going on throughout this book. I really liked the first book in this series but I loved this one. I felt like this one was more raw and captivating so if you loved the first one then you will definetly fall head over heels for this one!

I felt the characters were more personal in this book. I really connected with Scarlet and Bridger even though I couldn't relate to their lives at all. I feel like that's how you know you've read a really good book, if you can relate to a character's situation even though their situation has never happened to you before.

These characters are so easy to fall in love with also. They are so beautiful inside and out.

I'm not sure what else to say other than I loved it and I hope that you will read this book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...