December 24, 2015

Mayhem (Mayhem book 1) by Jamie Shaw


When college freshman Rowan Michaels meets gorgeous, up-and-coming rock star Adam Everest, she knows a player like him is the last thing she needs after her ex-boyfriend shattered her heart. But she can't stop thinking about the kiss they shared on his tour bus.

On the first day of school, Rowan is stunned when Adam saunters into her French class. He's soon failing miserably, and, on a whim, she offers to tutor him. But Adam doesn't recognize her as a makeup-free, glasses-clad college student—a far cry from the beautiful, mysterious "Peach" he met at his concert.

During a wild weekend on tour with the band, Rowan can't help falling for the sweet guy buried beneath Adam's rocker persona. Yet she knows she could never compete with the girls constantly throwing themselves at his feet. She'd just end up hurt … again.

Peach is all Adam thinks about, though, and when Rowan realizes this, she has a decision to make: stay just friends to protect her fragile heart … or reveal the truth about the night they met and admit she's fallen completely, hopelessly in love with him.

***

Overall Thoughts:
I stayed up until 3am to finish this book and obviously someone was watching over me because I finished this book not even a minute before my phone died! THANK YOU JESUS! I'm obsessed and I wish I could erase the book from my memory so I could reread the entire thing again without knowing anything...it's that good!



Concerns:
I was at first hesitant to read this book because when I was reading some reviews on this novel the first review I stumbled upon was very negative. They hated the book and said they couldn't even get through 30% of the book it was that bad so I was like shit hopefully I'm not wasting my time. BUT I DIDN'T WASTE MY TIME BECAUSE MAYHEM WAS AMAZING!
Also, can we all agree that Adam is a bit dumb because he didn't recognize his Peach only because she was wearing regular clothes, not night club clothes, and had her hair up with glasses. It reminded me of Clark Kent and how no one knew he was superman because he wore glasses. It's like NO JUST OPEN YOUR EYES! But I will let it pass because I love him.


Praise:
I loved every single character in this book. Not just loved but I'm pretty sure I'm in love...it's that bad. Out of everyone Dee has to be my favorite character. She had me almost in tears! Some of the stuff that woman said, holy crap, I just couldn't deal. I absolutely loved her and cannot wait to read her story in the next novel.

Instantly I fell in love with Adam. He's such an amazing guy, sure he's a huge flirt and loves attention from ladies but even with all of that I was still in love and basically just wanted him all to myself...no big deal. Peach, also known as Rowan, was great as well. The relationship she had with all of the guys were so cute and she just fit in so perfectly. She had the kind of personality that you just want to get to know and be friends with.

I highly suggest you read this book! I'm so happy I didn't get scared off by that one reviewer because it's honestly a hilarious book with amazing characters and a cute love story that just makes you go "Awwwww!"


Who I Imagined:
Okay maybe not her exactly, but someone who is gorgeous, wears glasses and has an amazing bod and this girl obviously fits that bill!

But minus the tattoos because I can only remember one tattoo they mentioned and it was definitely an interesting one.

Favorite Quotes:
Not exactly sure how to format this quote because it's a text Dee sent to Brady that Rowan is reading off in her head. Hope that makes sense lol

"You know what you did. We know what you did. Fess up and maybe she'll consider talking to you again.
Okay, that's not so bad. I feel relieved but then I watch as she hits RETURN a few times and quickly adds: lol, that last part was a lie. EAT DICK, DOUCHEBAG."
-Rowan's POV

***

"Can I still call myself a virgin after that wink? Dear God..."
-Rowan's POV

***

"Boys like that don't have girl friends, Ro. I mean, Jesus, how can you stand it?! I got a hot flash just from looking at that picture you sent me! Just ask Macy! I had to lie down!"
-Dee

***

"She's dressed in a short skirt and super high heels, and I kind of hope she trips and skins her knees so badly she has to have her legs amputated.
Okay, no... that's a lie.
I really hope that happens.
Please fall, please fall, please fall."
-Rowan's POV


What was your favorite quote in this novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...