March 13, 2016

Light From The Dark by Mercy Celeste

After a year of picking up the pieces of his shattered life, former US Marshal Micah Beasley takes a job as body guard for a spoiled rich kid who can't leave his house. It's a cupcake assignment. He just needs to get back in the game. What can go wrong?

Brilliant and incredibly talented, Christopher (Kit) Auberon wears tragedy as a second skin. Kit is all that's left of a powerful family. Seemingly forgotten he's spent his entire life in seclusion and he likes it that way.

Death threats are a fact of life, but when those threats become real, Micah and Kit are forced to put their differences aside to discover who wants Kit dead. Only to discover that there are monsters in Kit's closet that should never be disturbed.
 
+++

This book was definitely something new for me. I don't think I have ever read a book like it. It was interesting and even though at times I wanted to just give up on this book I couldn't because I wanted to see what happened and how this author would resolve everything.



I liked Micah and Chris but that's just it. I wasn't in love with these characters like I usually am when I read and I'm not quite sure what was missing. At some parts in this book I was really confused with what was happening. The transitions for the scenes where they would just be sitting down casually and then something out of nowhere happens were a bit choppy. I would have to reread the scene a couple times to realize "Okay wait something major just happened, what the heck is going on". 

Another problem I had with the book was that the end seemed to kind of drag on. Once everything seemed to be resolved and everything was good, the book just kept going. Usually with couples I love that wouldn't be a problem because I would love to just soak up the remaining time I have with the couple and the story but for this one it was just like "Come on already!" (Also a minor problem I had was that Chris was apparently this beautiful man yet whenever they described him.....well it was just interesting to say the least. It's like when they were describing him they forgot to remember that he was suppose to be this beautiful man.)

The storyline however, was really good! The plot and everything that happened and the little twists and turns at the end were good. You know when you read a book and you just feel like you're in that world living through everything they are? I love those books! But this book I just felt like a bystander. I couldn't fully connect with this book and with some people that's not a problem but for me I really like to feel a connection with the book and the characters. 

For me this book fell a little bit short, but hopefully if any one of you decide to read this book you love it! Maybe I'll read more from this author and see what else they can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...