March 14, 2016

Kiss of Fire (book 1 of Imdalind) by Rebecca Ethington


Joclyn Despain has been marred by a brand on her skin. She doesn't know why the mark appeared on her neck, but she doesn't want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland, who knows everything else about her. The scar is the reason she hides herself behind baggy clothes, and won't let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to.
The scar is the reason she is being hunted.

If only she knew that she was.

If only she had known that the cursed stone her estranged father sent for her 16th birthday would trigger a change in her. Now, she is being stalked by a tall blonde man, and is miraculously throwing her high school bully ten feet in the air.

Joclyn attempts to find some answers and the courage to follow her heart. When Ryland finds her scar; only he knows what it means, and who will kill her because of it.




OMG OMG OMG! Okay so I can't even remember the last time I read a paranormal YA book which is so sad because that's the genre that made me fall in love with reading in the first place and I read it for years and years. I think because I got older reading from the point of view of someone younger than me just didn't have an appeal but when I was looking for a book to read I just threw my hands in the air and said "what the heck why not?".

I came across this book because I read so many amazing reviews from book bloggers that I adore and follow. So in my head if all of these people loved this book I would most likely love it too, right? HELL YEAH I LOVED IT! 

This author just brings you into this world and makes you feel apart of it and you can't help but instantly connect and sympathize with the characters.

I loved how original the storyline is. I feel like with a lot of books lately it's hard to not find something similar that I haven't already read before but this one was fresh and new and you can't help but quickly read through the pages to figure out what the hell is going to happen.

I really liked Joclyn because she was a perfect mixture of a strong female heroine and a scared teenager. Which is definitely understandable once you start reading all the shit that goes down in this book. TRUST ME YOU WON'T FEEL BORED BECAUSE A LOT OF SHIT HAPPENS! 

Uhm, can we all just sit and cry just a bit that we all don't have a Ryland in our life? He's absolutely precious and I want to take him home. Right now. See this is my problem with YA books, I'm so used to my other books where we get some sexy scenes with these hot main characters! Gotta remember, Olivia they gotta keep it PG calm down. 

I have no clue what to say because I really don't want to ruin anything. I love going into books not knowing what the hell is about to happen because then everything is just a surprise and then theres always twists and turns and it's just more fun. 

If you love an amazing romance, cool weird names, cool words you can't possibly pronounce but probably sound badass, paranormal stuff happening, moments that make you want to scream and cry and just throw your book across the room and then quickly run and pick it up again to continue reading what the hell just happened then this is the book for you!!!! Please do me a favor and read this book so we can all hold our breath together because I already know this series is going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...