December 17, 2015

The Dire Wolves Chronicles by Alyssa Rose Ivy


Summary of Dire (Book 1)

Gage was the first guy I ever wanted. He was my first crush and my first fantasy, but he wasn't my first in any other way because he never saw me as anything more than a friend— at least not until the night that changed everything.

It was all Gage's fault. He insisted we drive through the storm and take the back roads. By the time the storm hit full force we had no chance. One night of snowbound sex changed our relationship forever. The problem was at the same time I caught another guy’s attention. This other guy happened to be the alpha of a pack of shifter wolves. I thought the wolves were the worst of my problems, but I was wrong. When things went from bad to worse I had to make a lifelong sacrifice to save Gage, but what price is too much to save the one you love?
 
*****
+Decided only to put the first book's summary to not spoil anything in the rest of the series+



I had this plan to post a review after each book but I couldn't help myself! Once I read one of these books I can't wait to get my hands on the next book to read what happens next because Alyssa Rose Ivy loves her cliffhangers. That's okay though, because I love them too. I probably wouldn't love them as much though if the next book wasn't out yet though but for now I've been good. 

Now onto talking about this crazy ass series. Let me just take a few breathers here because this series has my emotions all over the place. I was so confused throughout this series because like I've mentioned before this woman LOVES HER LOVE TRIANGLES! And this one got me. Usually I'm like "Na the author can't trick me I know who she will pick in the end" but nope I was always doubting myself throughout the series. Was she going to pick the guy she's been crushing on or her kidnapper? The answer seems like it'd be easy to figure out but trust me after reading you just don't know what Mary Anne's gonna do! Once you feel like "Okay maybe she'll pick this guy" something happens and you kind of throw your hands up in defeat and realize you just have to wait it out and see how to the story develops.

Talking about the story, Jeeeeeeez! The story line in this story had me all over the place emotionally. Without spoiling too much, Hunter believed Mary Anne could help end the century old hunt against their dwindling species, Dires. However, Hunter was holding Mary Anne and Gage against their will, so you don't really know what will happen, if she will help this species that's being hunted for nothing other than just existing or what. 

Guess you'll have to find out for yourselves!! 

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...