December 17, 2015

Flight (The Crescent Chronicles book 1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Summary of Flight

Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.
***


Finally decided to do book by book reviews with Alyssa's books! If you've noticed on my other posts, I've been doing baby reviews of the whole series on her other books. I say "baby reviews" because it's hard to review a whole series without spoiling anything. Especially when you read the whole series in practically a day, GUITLY!, and everything pretty much blends together. 

Anyways! Back to this book! I finally decided to read the series that started the chain reaction for all of the other series she has published and I'm so excited! I have already read two of her other series so I was excited to back track just a bit and read the first series that introduced this new world to me. 

Starting off with the fact that I'm 100% jealous of Allie, primarily because she gets to spend her summer before college in New Orleans. Not only that but her father has just recently bought an amazing hotel in the middle of the French Quarter. Sigh, I wish I had that kind of life. And her graduation present was a brand new Land Rover, despite the fact that it was lavender, I'm still down to take over ownership right now.

Allie had road tripped it down to New Orleans from New York with her friend Jess. I would think that if you were going to not only road trip that far with someone, and then offer them to stay with you in a huge suite for the entire summer in New Orleans, they'd be the bestest friends ever. However, whenever Jess got even just a little bit of alcohol in her, girl was rude and would seem like she would try to embarrass Allie. NOT A FAN! Alcohol does have the gift of showing ones true feelings after all.

The second thing I'm very jealous about is the fact that the second she steps foot into the new hotel she will be staying in she catches the eye of Levi. Levi is this sexy as hell man that definitely took an interest in Allie at first glance.  I love when romance stories start off this way, that right away the man is instantly interested in the girl and shows it very obviously. It's obvious he's especially intrigued with Allie because she challenges him and gives him a bit of an attitude which is cute, but at the same time not once does he ever get offended whenever she snapped at him and it's just kind of surprising because I don't know one guy that would stand for that especially since she didn't ever really show that she was interested in the beginning, if I remember correctly she stated clearly how uninterested she was. Levi obviously likes to get what she wants. 

To not spoil the big reveal in this story, I won't say exactly what happens, but I'll leave you with this: if what happened to Allie happened to me OOOOOOHHH NOOOOOPE. Things would not be okay and I'd be soooooo angry. The fact that she can pretend and fake a smile shows how courageous she is because just nope...nope. 
I'm so excited to read the other books in this series because I know I'll love this series just as much as the others. Also, side note talking about the other series, Toby is brought up a couple of times in this first novel and he seems SOOOOOOOO different than the Toby I know from the Empire Chronicles. If you've also read the series surrounding Toby and Casey, let me know if you think the same way or if I'm just imagining it but in this series it makes Toby seem like almost a stalker obsessed ex...I don't likey. Oh well. Other than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...