June 15, 2015

Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

What do you get when you have an immortal Viking warrior no one can remember five minutes after he leaves their presence, and a demon on the run for her life who is being pursued by one seriously pissed-off demigod?

That would be my life.

It started out simple enough. One night I went to save a woman in trouble. The next thing I knew, the doorway to hell had opened and out stepped Daimons- soul-sucking vampires the likes of which I’d never seen before. Led by the son of Apollo, they are out to end the curse that has banished them all to darkness. The only problem with that is they have to kill Cassandra Peters to do it and if she dies, so dies the sun, the earth and all who dwell here. Life’s just a bowl full of cherries, ain’t it?

Brought together by fate, it’s now my job to protect a daughter of the very race I have been hunting for centuries. Neither of us dares to trust the other. But if we don’t find a way to overcome our differences and to bridge thousands of years of animosity, we won’t die alone. We’ll take the entire world with us.



I don't even read the summaries anymore when it comes to this series. It doesn't matter who the main characters are or what the plot is even about because I know that the book will be amazing and blow my mind. AND I WAS RIGHT! Sherrilyn didn't disappoint me with this one!

However if you did read the summary did it not just make you run to buy this book!? A Dark Hunter and an Apollite???? Oh lordy, Sherrilyn you are really testing the boundaries here! In this novel you are brought into the Apollite world more and you get to understand their lives and their struggles and it's heart wrenching!! 

So I'm probably the worst employee ever because during my 8 hour shift behind a desk today I spent the majority of my time sneakily reading this book. People, when I say I'm addicted, I AM ADDICTED! The only hard part about reading at work was holding back the tears! There were multiple times where all I wanted to do was bawl! Cassandra Peters is an Apollite, and like all Apollite's she too is curse to die at the young age of 27 which is only a few months away. So now you see why this was so emotional! Not even just that there's other obstacles and problems that arise that make the story more interesting and captivating!

Wulf...my lord. I feel like all of the Dark-Hunters are like my little babies. I just want to hold them and never let go and even though I love these main female characters I get a lil jealous. Where are men like these in the real world!? Where are the Powered Donuts in the world!? (if you've read this book you will totally know what I'm talking about and are probably nodding your head in agreement right now! lol)

I don't know how many times I can state how much I love this book and series until all these ramblings form into one big rambling where they all basically say the same thing over and over again. 
I wish everyone could read these books and fall in love with the world that Sherrilyn has beautifully created. I've never been so happy to see so many books in a series before. I never want them to end. Ever!!!

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...