February 1, 2015

The Bet (The Bet #1) by Rachel Van Dyken


Goodreads Summary:
"I have a proposition for you." Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus's mouth. It's been years since Kacey's seen her childhood friend Jake, but the minute Jake mentions his ill grandmother, Kacey is ready to do anything for the sweet old woman. And if that means pretending they're engaged for her sake-so be it.

But Kacey wasn't counting on Jake's older brother Travis still being there. She calls him "Satan" for a reason: she's never forgotten the way he teased and taunted her. Yet when they meet again, Travis's gorgeous smile is a direct hit to her heart . . . and Kacey's more confused than ever. As the days pass, only one thing starts to become alarmingly clear-she never should have accepted Jake's deal . . .

***

This story was a cute one! Predictable and simple but cute. This is definitely a book to read if you are looking for a simple love story. If you know me you know my love for Rachel Van Dyken books because there is always this element of suspense she leaves her readers in but this one was totally different than the usual books I'm used to reading from her. 

I loved when they would retell all their little pranks they pulled on each other when they were younger they were so funny! Makes me think my childhood was a bit dull to be honest. These 3 people have been through and done just about everything with each other.

My favorite character had to be Grandma. I honestly wish to be as cool, hip, amazing, funny, clever and scandalous as her when I'm her age. She's always stirring something up; she's a clever sharp lady! She's so mysterious I'd love to read a book just all about her adventures throughout her life because I know it'd be so entertaining and hilarious!

I wish I had more to say on this book but it was only such a fast simple read there isn't much to say about it. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. I did like the book, it's a cute little love story that is also an easy read.

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...