January 30, 2015

Shatter (Seaside #3) by Rachel Van Dyken


Goodreads Summary:
Sometimes the only way to heal... is to shatter.

Rock star Alec Daniels has it all. Love, fame, money... But being in the limelight isn't all it’s cracked up to be, and after one bad choice comes back to haunt him he is left picking up the pieces of his carefully constructed life. Now he faces the toughest decision of his life: 
Deal with his mistake like a man, or dive back into the dark hole of depression, drugs, and denial that have been his comfort for so long.
One wrong move could destroy everything. His girlfriend, his family, and his future
***

GAHHHH! This book gave me anxiety! I was super anxious throughout the whole book trying to figure what was going to happen and what twists and turns Rachel Van Dyken was going to take me on now. I swear I don't know where this woman comes up with these great stories! You get enough hints to understand something is about to happen that will most likely change everyone's world but not enough to guess what happens. The suspense almost killed me a few times. You could guess but the whole time you're doubting if you guessed right or not and it's so stressful. But a good stressful if that makes sense.

This story switched point of views from Alec and Demetri, but ultimately this book was about Alec and the secrets he was keeping hidden from everyone. I loved it! Usually it's hard for me to read first person from a guys perspective but I just couldn't get enough! 

There were parts where I didn't know how they could handle all of it. I swear if I was one of them I would've most likely snapped and hit someone from all the stress and drama. It was quite funny because I would get myself so worked up wondering "What the heck is going to happen?!" that I swear my classmates thought I was losing it a little bit. (Yes, I read in class I can't help myself!!)

I remember one part where Alec was commenting on how Nat doesn't cry often and so when she does you know something is really tearing her up inside and all I could do is just sit there and shake my head. If you have read my other reviews you know how I feel about this character. THIS GIRL CRIES EVERY TWO SECONDS. (Okay not literally but sometimes it feels like it)

It was so great watching both these boys grow so much. From start to finish with these three books a year and a half passes and I swear they're almost unrecognizable from the first book (but in a good way). They're characters have grown so much and developed into very nice young men. Yes, some characters still have some work to do but that's realistic. Every human has work to do on themselves because no one is perfect. That is another reason I love the way Rachel Van Dyken ends her books because she does so realistically. The characters in the end are perfect and act like nothing has happened to them. No, each character grows from their past mistakes and hardships and because of those troubles it makes them into better human beings. Rachel Van Dyken is an amazing author! I can't seem to get enough of her books! I'm addicted to the mystery laced love stories (:

I definitely would recommend this book but first read the first 2 books in the series of course. Happy reading!

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...