January 20, 2015

Perfection (A Neighbor From Hell #2) by R. L. Mathewson


Zoe is used to taking care of herself and has long ago accepted that if anything bad was going to happen, it was going to happen to her. So when she loses her job over something most bosses would probably be happy with and her life starts going down hill from there she doesn't expect it to get any better. She certainly didn't expect any help from the loud jerk next door, but then again she has nothing to lose so puts her trust in him and hopes for the best. What she didn't expect was the once in a lifetime opportunity that he offers her through an arrangement where they both benefit and no one is supposed to get hurt, but she should have known better because her luck has never been that good.

Like most Bradfords, Trevor has a soft spot for food, but that's about all. He leads a pretty straightforward life and likes to keep things simple and that includes his relationships. He wants the perfect woman and knows exactly what she'll be like. So when he discovers much to his horror that he's thinking about his frumpy little neighbor he decides the best way to get his head straight is by working her out of his system. He'll keep her around, but only until he finds perfection.

Usually I will write up my own shortened, straight to the point, summaries of books but I just didn't know how to word this story without spoiling something. 

**Note that even though this is the second A Neighbor From Hell novel each book is a standalone. 

I'd like to start this review (ramblings) of this book with the fact that they didn't portray Zoe correctly in the cover picture. I am a big fan of covers and sometimes when I'm on the fence about whether I should read a book or not I look to the cover and make my decision. Saying that, I like the covers to portray the books correctly, which this one did not. In the cover the woman, who is supposedly Zoe, is tiny and not curvy whatsoever. Zoe in the book started out obese and with her diet was able to lose weight but was still curvy and voluptuous. So when I first started off this book I was super confused to who the woman in the cover was because it wasn't how Zoe was described.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this story! After years of having to pretend to be a push over to please her bosses she finally started to work on herself when she got fired. I honestly don't know how she lasted three years at that horrible place working with those horrible people. I wouldn't have had the patience.

At first when she would describe all the things Trevor would do I thought "Oh great, what an ass!" but after seeing things from his point of view and reading that he had no realization he was doing anything wrong I decided not to be so harsh with my judgments. Throughout the book he proved to be an amazing guy!

This is a simple read with not much conflict but it didn't bother me. Usually I'm super anxious waiting for some drama to happen and see how it all unfolds afterwards but I didn't get that feeling for this one. I was perfectly content to just read and see where their lives took them. Not once was I bored or wanting to rush through the pages to get to a more exciting part. Overall this book was a nice relaxing read that I very much enjoyed!

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...