January 21, 2015

AM I THE ONLY ONE!?

Am I the only one thinking that authors' summaries are splurging way too much? I read the summary and I already felt like I read the whole book already. There's no mystery left to the book anymore. I know most books have happy ending so that part is expected but I feel like they hint to much at the content all within the book. I feel like I haven't read a book in forever that I have cried about, or wanted to read a second time. Nothing seems unexpected anymore. Of course I will never give up reading, NEVER, but I just wish the authors were a little more secretive when they write their summaries. LEAVE IT MYSTERIOUS. That's what draws readers in, they want to find out what happens, not already know whats going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...