February 13, 2016

Clipped By Love (Bellevue Bullies book 2) by Toni Aleo



This has been the toughest year of my life. I watched my brother go into the draft without me, my mom got divorced, and the weight of my family’s issues is heavy on my shoulders. I feel like it’s my job to fix everything while working my butt off in school and trying to make my game better. I have to go into the draft. It will give my family the support they need, and it will prove that I’m good enough. But to get there, I have to show I can be the best captain for the Bellevue Bullies. The spot is mine—no one can take it. First though, Jude is making me go on a brother’s weekend. Innocent enough, I guess…until I see her. She’s the biggest competitor I’ve ever faced. Not only for my spot but also my heart. It’s hard to ignore someone like Baylor Moore. 

I don’t lose. I can’t. My dad has bred me to be the best in anything I do. I am driven, I am smart, and I am going to be the first woman in the National Hockey League. No two ways about it. I’ve worked too hard. I’ve been through too much not to have what I want. I know I can do it. I will make my dad proud, and no one will stand in the way of that. That is, until I let him in. He scares me. He makes me feel. And he could very well be the one person who can make me want more than just to win. 

We both have the same goal. Victory. But how do you compete against the person you want to win? It’s not easy. Love isn’t something you can control. It isn’t like a puck that can be handled by a stick. No, it has a mind of its own and does what it wants. 

Neither of us saw it coming, and we really don’t know if there is a way to score, especially when you’re being Clipped by Love.

"I read once that a strong man can handle a strong woman, but a weak man will say she has an attitude."

"Girls love me. I'm funny, I'm hot, and I'm very charming. I'm also very hard to resist. But this girl, man, she is fighting me tooth and fucking nail!"


Just got done reading this book and WOAH. Okay so I was kind of expecting a similar-ish story like the first book in this series but nope definitely not the same. It was actually the opposite of the first book and I'm still debating in my head if I liked that or not. Whereas in the first book it was instant attraction on both parts and it wasn't long until they were together, in this book it was like a constant fight between the two of them (mostly just on Baylor's part). 

Which brings me to the characters. Baylor, first off, kind of annoyed me to be honest. I understood why she was so hesitant when it came to everything related to Jayden but at the same time I wanted to smack her because like JUST WHY!? If Jayden was messing up and there was something going on that actually made her hesitant then okay sure but she was just too scared and too stubborn and it lasted the entire book. 

On the other hand, I loved Jayden. He was perfect. I'm serious...just pure perfection. I honestly can't say one thing that I would change about him. Basically he just needs to leave Baylor, become a real life person and then marry me. 

Overall, I really did like this book except for Baylor's stubbornness I just couldn't with her at times. I love this author and I love this series. If you could overlook the flaws in Baylor's personality like Jayden did then you're in for an amazing read (:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...