December 25, 2015

Riot (Mayhem book 2) by Jamie Shaw

When Dee Dawson meets sexy mohawked guitarist Joel Gibbon, she knows it won’t be long before she has him wrapped around her finger. No guy has ever been able to resist her… but Dee’s met her match in a player like Joel.

Dee’s not the relationship type—not after seeing the pain “love” has caused her friends and family—yet she’s desperate to make Joel want her more than anyone else. He quickly becomes an obsession, and when a reckless attempt to make him jealous ends in disaster, Dee turns into the damsel in distress she never wanted to be. With her carefree world crashing down around her, the last thing she needs is Joel’s pity.

But Joel is suddenly determined to prove he cares, and no matter how hard Dee tries to push him away, he refuses to let her shut him out. Now the girl who swore she’d never say those three little words must choose between guarding her heart and losing Joel forever… or falling head-over-heels for the tattooed rock star of her dreams.
***
Overall Thoughts:
This book was great! It made you just want to jump in the book and shake people all while sitting by and anxiously wait to see what would happen. I love page turners like this one!



Concerns:
I'm a bit sad because I didn't laugh as much as I did in the first book. The first book in this series had me dying laughing. Pretty sure my family had thought I was crazy because I was staring at my phone and laughing out loud and smiling like an idiot to myself, but in this book I didn't laugh as much. I'm pretty sure that was my only concern with this book. I thought because in the first book Dee was the one that made me laugh hysterically that the book thats based on her would be a crack up and I was let down a little bit. 

Praise:
I loved how this book was different that than "good girl tames rock star" or even "opposites attract". Dee had met her match in this novel and it was amaaaazing. Dee was used to guys falling in love with her and worshipping the ground she walks on but not Joel. Joel was used to girls all over him and never chased after girls. They were so perfect for each other I love love loved it!

Also, I'm obsessed with Dee. I love her because she's confident, does what she wants when she wants and couldn't care less about what people think or say to her. She's so strong and I wish to be like that someday.

Favorite Quotes:
“Dee!” he shouts. “The guy who snuck in your room last night is here!” 
-Dee's Dad
***
"Mark, right. You know he wasn't an actual fireman right?"
Now it's my turn to raise my eyebrow. Leti's smirk sinks even deeper.
"I just nicknamed him that."
"Why?" Rowan asks, and a mischievous spark glints in Leti's eye.
"Because he put out a fire in your pants?" I ask, and Leti grins while shaking his head.
"Because he had a really big hose."

Who did you guys imagine as Dee and Joel?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...