February 18, 2015

Hunted by A.J. Colby


Goodreads Summary:
You thought your ex was a nightmare...

Eight years after the attack that changed her life forever, Riley Cray is confronted with something she never thought she'd have to face again: Samson Reed, the werewolf who nearly killed her, has escaped from prison and is headed to Colorado to finish what he started.

With the help of Special Agent Darius Holbrook, Riley is racing against time to stay one step ahead of the crazed werewolf. But Reed isn't the only monster with his eyes on Riley and as the bodies are piling up she's beginning to wonder how long it will be before she's one of them.

Vampires, werewolves, and serial killers, OH MY!
 
***


I thought I was going to love this book, but there was just so many things missing that it just didn't do it for me. 

I couldn't feel the connection between Riley and Holbrook. I didn't feel the lust or desire or emotion between them. The relationship seemed forced like the author wanted a couple and just decided to throw them together. Something in their relationship was definitely  missing. I wanted so much to feel their so called connection but there was just so much lacking between them. Usually as a reader you can feel the pull between the characters like it's actually happening between you and someone else but not with this one. 

Another reason this book didn't do it for me was the fact that I was bored throughout 99% of the book. This book wasn't a page turner for me whatsoever. It didn't make me want to stay up late to read as much as I can. I noticed myself putting this book down multiple time from the first time I got this book. Now that I am writing reviews for books I've tried my hardest to read every single page and finish the books. This one was a struggle let me tell ya.

The plot was good, the whole on the run from a killer with a hot sexy FBI agent watching over you sounds good. However, it was hard to feel involved and connected throughout the book. I hope other readers had a better experience with this book but I, for one, am not a fan.

The only thing I liked about this book was Riley's one liners. She had some pretty good ones. Like when she said,

"What the fairy fart?"

and

"I'll sprout wings and fart fairy dust before I leave without him."

She would say random weird stuff like that every once an awhile that made the book semi-enjoyable.

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...