February 18, 2015

Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover


Goodreads Summary:
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.
 
***

I've seen this book every once in awhile when I search for new books to read on goodreads. For some reason I've never picked it up. Finally, yesterday I decided enough was enough and I was going to find out what this book is about. So without reading the blurb I got it and started reading. 

We first meet Sky and Six. Which by the way, they both have badass names! I remember Jack, Sky's moms boyfriend, said Six was an odd name or something along those lines and I couldn't disagree more! I loved it! I also loved the name Sky it sounds so pretty!

Sky reminded me a lot of, well, me. I could see a lot of me in her and I think that's why I had a strong connection with her. 

When we meet Holder we off the bat know something's array. You can just feel the secrets he's keeping. I wanted to know immediately what was going on in his head. I wanted to unlock all his secrets. That's what kept me turning the pages, I wanted to know what was going to happen. I definitely did not predict the actual outcome of things. It was surreal to read Sky's life do a complete 180. Her life will never be how it was before. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY YOU WON'T GUESS WHAT HAPPENS! (I love great surprises like this!)

I usually hate little prologues that have a scene of some event that happens later in the book because it usually spoils the book but not this one. Sky doesn't cry. She's a strong girl and hasn't cried since she was 5. When I learned that after reading the prologue I was consumed to find out what the hell happened to make Sky sob hysterically. 

Holder and Sky together they're odd. Not odd, like "how are they even together?" but odd in just what they do and say. It was an enjoyable odd however! For example: he would send her insults via text as a joke. Little things like that were odd but funny. 

I recommend this book to anyone looking for a cute love story with a twist.

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...