December 21, 2015

Lick (Stage Dive book 1) by Kylie Scott


Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.
***
Overall Thoughts:
I'm pretty sure I've read this book before a long time ago but I just recently saw that there were more books in the series and decided to read it even if it was for the second time. This book is a classic bad boy rock star falling for an average gal. The characters were great in this novel and it took you on a rollercoaster with different situations arising to stir up the story line a little bit.
Concerns:
I feel like I understood how Evelyn looked in the story but I couldn't pin down exactly how David looked. I understand he had longish hair and was handsome with his blue eyes but body wise I'm not quite sure what he looked like and that bothers me. I love when authors are very clear with how characters appear because then you know what to imagine when reading the story.
Praise:
Other than that I still loved David, he was your hot guitarist who wrote songs, sings and had a possessive but still very loving side to him. I also enjoyed Evelyn's sassy side. She would be polite and nice until you pushed her just a little bit too far then the claws came out and it was great! The chemistry and attraction between the two was off the charts and it felt realistic. Even though how the met and the duration of how long they knew each other isn't all that realistic their love felt real to me and never once did I roll my eyes over the things they'd say to each other. Overall I loved this story and can't wait to read more on the other band members in the rest of the series!

Stumbled across this picture when googling Lick and it's so perfect! Shout out to Smittens Book Blog for picking out these two pictures to fit the characters I love it!
***
As you can see I broke up my thoughts into three little sections. Still figuring out how I was to write my reviews and in what format so patience is needed with me here. Hopefully I will get down a format I like and approve of.

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...