May 25, 2015

Reasons Not To Fall In Love by Kirsty Moseley


Right Man, Wrong timing!
Young mum Bronwyn Reynolds is devoted to her little boy Theo, but she’s married to a not so devoted husband! Juggling two jobs to make ends meet, Bronwyn’s self-esteem is at an all-time low.
Enter Harrison Baxter.
Harrison is confident, flirty and breathtakingly handsome – and everything Bronwyn’s husband is not! What’s worse is that she knows every sexy thought about him is forbidden, which makes him all the more tempting.
The only woman that ladies’ man Harrison has ever wanted is one he can never have. Bronwyn has left her mark on him, and he can’t get her out of his mind no matter how hard he tries!
Bronwyn and Harrison have every reason not to fall in love, but are they brave enough to break all the rules?
Hmm, where do I start with this one? I honestly didn't know what this book was about at all. I saw that it was written by Kirsty Moseley, one of my favorite authors, and just had to read it. I have loved all of her other books and characters and so I thought this one was going to be like one of those. And I wish I was right. I'm a strong believer that change in most cases is a good thing! Bronwyn however feared it and therefore it lead to YEARS of misery. On one hand I feel like she was a weak character because she willingly stayed with her cheating scumbag of a husband but on the other she's arguably strong because she had the willpower to stay with him.
Personally the story should've started the day she divorced him, because after that is when I actually enjoyed the story. However, if you noticed, the "book" is only 80 something pages and therefore when she finally does divorce him the story is basically over. I understand where Kirsty was going with this one. The whole "this isn't the end but the beginning of their love story" but what IRKS me is that we don't get to witness their love story at all! We get left with a hint of their future romance but that is it. And there's no second book (or "episode" because that's what it really reminded me of). 
Honestly there wasn't enough time to fall in love with any of the characters or time to make a connection. I wish it was a longer story or series. I just wish there was more because I feel like you can't properly form a full opinion on it because I feel like this book did nothing but show a glimpse of who these people were and what their future contained. Kirsty Moseley teased us with this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...