May 28, 2015

Night Pleasures (Dark Hunters #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .

 He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes down, then he does too. But it's not just their lives that are hanging in the balance.  Kyrian and Amanda are all that stands between humanity and oblivion. Let's hope they win.
*Let me first just start off with this little note: Can we just applaud over the rarity of having a summary of a book not spoil ANYTHING!? & How the summary makes you crave to continue reading? Yay! Just adds to my list of the things I love about this author and series!*

Ahhhhh! I love love love loved it! I picked this book because it reminded me of J.R. Ward's series Black Dagger Brotherhood and since I absolutely loved that series I thought why not. However, when I first started reading this novel I was a bit hesitant. I was confused whether or not humans knew of the supernatural happenings or if people knew of Amanda's family's powers and vampires because they seemed so casual about the whole thing especially when Amanda's twin liked to slay vampires on her free time. But as I progressed I learned more and my love for this book started to grow!

I haven't had a book that made me feel so many emotions in a long while! This book took me on an emotional roller coaster. I honestly felt like I could feel everything they were and like I was living everything through them. *Chills* It was that good!

Kyrian *fans myself* dear lord he is one hot man! So many times I envied Amanda because I wished I was her! Kyrian thought he was good at hiding what an amazing man he was but Amanda (and I!) saw what a generous, loving, strong, and beautiful person he really was. My favorite about him was the fact that he was born in Ancient Greek times! *Squeeeee!* I have such an odd obsession over those times and what made it even cooler was how they involved the Greek Gods & Goddesses in here.

Amanda liked her boring life because it was so different from the life she grew up in. Amanda has 8 older sisters, her mother and everyone on her mother's side and they all have some sort of supernatural powers. So of course it makes sense that she would want some normality in her life. But honestly, for me, normality would be soooo boring (Hell, it's even boring now lol!)! When Kyrian came into her life, you could just see the change in her. She blossomed even though they were in constant danger the whole entire time.

I loved this book the most because as I'm rereading the things I've just wrote I noticed how I talk like these characters are my friends and that they're real. I love when I feel such a strong connection to characters in a book. I feel like its been awhile since I've had that connection and I just realized how much I've missed it!

If you are interested in vampires, anything Ancient Greek, or if you absolutely loved BDB by Ward I am suggesting x100 for you to read this book. I'm not too sure how the rest of the series will go because I have yet to take a look at them but if they are anything like this one here I know I'm going to fall in love all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...