January 18, 2015

Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I know, it’s a bit odd for me to be posting about a review or whatever you want to call this starting with the 5th and final book in a series. Usually people review the first book then the second and so forth but I didn’t decided to make a blog until well a few minutes ago and since I just finished this book last night before I fell asleep it is still fresh in my head (: if you haven’t read any of the Lux books before I do suggest not reading any further because I do spoil some things that happen in this book that you would never think would happen starting book #1. Oopsies. So here I go on my review, but not really review because I just go on and on about how I feel about it.
Started Opposition Jan. 16, 2015
Finished Opposition Jan. 17, 2015 
Gahhhh this book actually made me very anxious. I love supernatural books, absolutely LOVE them, but this one almost gave me a few anxiety attacks along the way. Never in my life have I read a book where the supernaturals who were hidden decided to reveal themselves to everyone. This is where my anxiety kicked in lol. Because in previous books with supernatural creatures everything is hidden from the human world so when they have their little wars and battles the humans are blissfully ignorant and once the wars end, everything is back to normal. BUT NO. This book changed it up big time from the regular supernatural series. Once they revealed themselves to the world and the humans carefully placed shield of ignorance was ripped away from them, I didn’t know what was going to happen. Usually with books I can predict the outcome you know, good wins against evil and everything goes back to how it was before the big battles. But with this book I was so lost. How could everything be possibly fine and go back to regular when everyone in the world now knows. I think that’s why I kept on reading. I was so curious to how Jennifer Armentrout was going to spin this. How was the world going to recover from that big reveal?
OMG the love between the two main characters, Daemon and Katy (aka Kitten), are possibly my favorite coupling ever. Their love is like any love in books nowadays. The once in a life time love that is unbreakable and you will basically rue the day you ever try to harm or break them apart. But what I loved the most about them was the fact that they also resembled everyday boys and girls. It can be hard to love a couple in a book when they are so unrealistic you know? Sometimes I just sit there reading and I’m like “yeah okay because that sooooo happens in real life” or “HA no boy would actually say that” and gahhh it can be frustrating.
“It’s not like I’m going to run up and hug him.” 
His expression turned bland. “I’d sure hope not. I might get jealous.” 
“You’d get jealous if she hugged a tree,” Archer tossed out. 
“Maybe.” Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. “I’m needy like that.” 
“Kat.” He uttered my name like it was some kind of prayer, and then he pressed a kiss against the skin behind my ear. “I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world— in any world— would be stronger than my love for you?” 
But not once in this whole series did I feel that way towards these two characters WHICH I LOVED. Daemon has a huge ego (which I believe he just plays up I feel like he says some of the stuff just for humorous purposes) and his almost constant sexual thoughts also reminded me of a normal regular boy. Katy is so adorable. I love her, and I feel like I can see more of myself in her than any other character I’ve read and I think that’s why I enjoyed the book so much. When it was in her point of view some of the things she did or said I could   100% see myself doing those things. 1) her love for books. Uhm hello me! 2) she uses books to escape stress, her problems, or just for a moment of silence from all whats going on in her life and in her head…. Hello twin. And 3) She won’t lash out or say anything rude until she is provoked to and once someone says something extremely rude or tries to hurt someone she cares for that’s when Kitten turns into Tiger with her claws out. Which I also find really relatable because I’m super protective over the ones I care about and I’m willing to slice anyone who tries to hurt them in anyway.
I love this series. I was actually pretty hesitant in the beginning because I’ve seen this book for what seems like years now on Goodreads.com but I was just super hesitant because it was about aliens. I’ve never read an alien book before and I knew there was going to be a love interest involved and I didn’t know how I felt about a human and an alien together. Vampire and human, werewolf and human, fairy and human, angel and human hell even demon and human all things I can do but I didn’t know about this supernatural pairing. I actually found the courage to read this series when I wasn’t able to find another series to read lol. It was practically my last resort I hate to say. But I’m so glad that I did. I recommend this series 100%. It’s so wonderful and it definitely takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. I’m actually giving my best friend this book to read, hopefully she loves it too! Little worried about that one because she doesn’t tend to like supernatural books all that much but hopefully this one changes her mind!
Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...