March 27, 2016

Reaper's Property (book 1 of Reapers MC) by Joanna Wylde


Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.




I really really wanted to fall in love with this book, but that didn't happen. I liked it sure, it was definetly sexy as hell and there was drama in it but I couldn't stand how Horse would treat Marie most of the book. The way he would talk to her would NOT fly with me at all and most of the time it didn't with Marie either but all it took for Marie to fall back in love and Horse be back on her good side was sex. 

In my eyes, Marie was weak. I understand the whole MC dynamic and how women are usually treated by the men in the club but I don't know, it was just too much for me I think. In the beginning I was totally fine but after the period of them not talking for a bit he turned into an ass in my eyes. 

Also, the plot was good but not at the same time if that makes any sense? Horse offers to take Marie to basically be his sex slave instead of killing Jeff, her brother, which okay if I was in Marie's shoes I would offer myself to save my brother's life as well but then Horse goes and says how it's not rape because she has a choice to not go with him but like ??? NO not really she doesn't have choice at all. Who would be like "Na I'm not gonna go so you can go on ahead and kill my brother real quick". 

Like I understood how Marie really liked Horse but she literally made no decisions on her own. It's like Horse controlled her with his dick. Weak, I tell you, weeeeeak. She needed to grow a backbone.

Like I said this book was okay but wasn't one of my favorites and I don't see myself continuing on with the series. Hopefully someone else finds this book a little more interesting and falls in love with it but it just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...