February 10, 2015

Alpha Bloodlines by Kirsty Moseley


Goodreads Summary:
Brook Mill's is an ordinary 17 year old girl with an older abusive boyfriend, when her boyfriend Trey goes out of town for the weekend her best friend Mel convinces her to go to her brothers friends party. 

Things take an interesting turn when she meets a beautiful boy at the party and both of them seem to lose control, but it turns out the boy isn't what he appears. 

He's a shifter, son of an Alpha wolf, he accidentally mates her, marking her as his own. 

Her boyfriend is set on revenge, can Jayden protect her? and what will it cost him?
***

I was super curious to see if one of my new favorite YA author could switch over and write supernatural. Sometimes, it can be awkward to read when supernatural isn’t the author’s forte but not with this novel! Kirsty Moseley knows how to draw me in and make me feel so connected with not only the characters but the story line as well! I love supernatural books so it was treat for me to read not only a young love story that I love that incorporated supernatural elements in it.

What made the story seem "real" even though it contains supernatural elements is the relationship between Brook and Trey. It was hard to read such an abusive relationship. This story could have been good if there wasn't even Shifters involved. The story line without them would've still been a good story because it was very plausible which I appreciate. A lot of supernatural books (even the good ones) wouldn't be good if you took out the supernatural elements in them but this book wasn't the case. The supernatural element only added to the excitement of this book!

I liked the whole plot of the story. My only complaint is the complaint I have had reading all of Moseley's books, it's that I WANT MORE! I wish there were more books! It's hard to imagine what would come next since the books don't have a cliffhanger whatsoever but I can't help but crave more from these stories! I feel like I get super attached to not only the story but the characters and each book of Moseley's I read it's getting harder to say goodbye to the characters!

If you love Kirsty Moseley's books, I'm almost 100% sure you'll love this book too. The supernatural elements only add to the greatness of this book! If you are not familiar with her work I still recommend this novel! It's a standalone so there isn't any cliffhangers whatsoever in this novel. It's a great love story about Shifters, romance, and abuse. Go pick up your copy today!


Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...