February 10, 2015

Poles Apart by Kirsty Mosesly


Goodreads Summary:
He’s pole position…

Carson Matthews, the hottest driver ever to hit the MotoGP circuit, is living the carefree, celebrity lifestyle. With little to worry about, other than keeping himself top of the leader board, his favourite weekend pastime is visiting a certain blonde at Angels Gentlemen’s Club.

She’s a pole dancer…

Emma Bancroft, a part-time lap dancer, is just trying to make ends meet. Her responsibilities weigh heavily on her, as does the secret she’s kept from everyone for the last two and a half years.

The two of them are poles apart.
***

Another great love story by Kirsty Moseley! I'm just loving her young adult romance books! They're an easy fun read with an adorable couple falling in love! I love how in her books there's always something that happens that isn't mentioned in the synopsis. I've mentioned this before in my ramblings about her books because they're so enjoyable. It's always fun to look forward to the conflicts that you know are going to unfold but you just don't know what that conflict is when you first open the book up. 

My love for Carson was a little back and forth. I loved him all for one part (if you've read this book you will know exactly what part I'm referring to). However, in a way due to this part I loved the book even more. It just made it seem more real. He wasn't perfect and neither was she. In some books they make the characters seem like they could do no wrong and in this one she wrote the characters with faults. 

Sasha is hands down my favorite character! I love her! She puts me in Mama Mode! (Mama Mode: the intense desire to hold children and never let them go!) She's so precious and adorable, everyone that meets her will instantly fall in love with her guaranteed. 

I wish this book was longer. I remember getting to the end of the book and feeling like "What it's over?!". I wish I got to read more of their lives, I felt like it was too short for me. I didn't want to leave their little family!

I loved how this book started out, it was a definite twist to the other Moseley books I've been reading. Usually the main characters had been high school but nope Emma is a lap dancer at a strip club supporting two people plus herself. Emma made me value all what I had because I lived through her, I felt through how hard and exhausting it can be for someone who lives pay check to pay check and struggle. 

I definietly suggest this book, especially if you are familiar with some of Moseleys other work I know you'll love this one. It's a bit of switch up from her books like Always You and The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window but I know if you loved those you'll love this one too!

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...